Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"It's the most, wonderful, time . . . of the year!"

My blog is the evidence that it's "that time of year", again.  No post for almost a month.  Life is starting to get hectic - must mean Christmas is on it's way.  Now don't get me wrong, I just LOVE Christmas.  I'm a "warm fuzzy" junkie and proud of it and the Christmas season does it's fair share of supplying my habit.  It's just that the busyness accompanying the joyous Christmas season can be just a little stressful at times (requiring extra doses of warm fuzzies from my son and my puppy to compensate).

So this year, I'd like to sit back, relax, and enjoy the show . . . in theory anyway.  I phrased it "I'd like to" because I know it'll never happen.  I have, however, managed to cut back on a few things this year, though, not necessarily by choice.  I've so enjoyed working with the children's choir at our former church for their Christmas presentation the last few years.  But, of couse with the move, we've had to find a new chuch closer to home.  (Side note for those of you who have been wondering - it took us a year of prayer and consideration, but, we've finally found a new chuch, Midland Alliance Church, and we are so thankful to be able to get up Sunday mornings and know where we are going.)  So this year, I will certainly miss being a part of the kids Christmas production at HiWay, but I plan on enjoying those children's smiling little faces, from the audience.  And I will sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!  You'll do great, kids!

So, I managed to take one thing off my plate this year, only to seemingly go out of my way to fill it up again - quilting projects, cookie exchanges, joining a gym, hosting Christmas (for the first time!), starting a new business venture, and of course lots of festive events!  All good things, of course!  I guess, being busy this time of year is just part and parcel (pardon the pun) of the season.  And, in it's craziness, I am reminded of just how blessed we are to have loads of family and friends that love us and accept us for who we are, and just enjoy spending time with us.  Even if we don't get to see you over the holidays, we want you to know that we love you all and are so thankful for each and every one of you!  Thank you for being a part of our lives!

Now, if only we had a jet and an airport in Penetanguishene!

2 comments:

  1. We will definitely miss your gifted way of leading kids this year Cait! BUT for everything there is a season right? You are very brave to host Christmas!! I admire you :) We must try to see each other before it's all said and done :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete