Friday, May 21, 2010

Fantasy Friday (Don't worry, it's G rated!)

Okay, so at this stage in my life as a mom of a preschooler and of a wee babe on the way, there's not much room in my life for all that other stuff (you know, that 'stuff', other than wiping snotty noses, battling over the potty, the never ending piles of laundry, and spending the rest of my day just dealing with the attitude of a 3 year old).  So tonight, I sit here in front of the computer, the house strangely silent (hubby took little mister to Gram and Papa's), and my mind wanders to all the things I dream of doing someday.  Not that I don't love this stage in my life, I wouldn't trade it for the world, but it's nice to know it's just a stage, and that one day, maybe I'll have a little more freedom to do some 'me stuff' again.
  • I want to sing in a choir again.  I grew up in choirs from the time I was little and could sing in the kids church choir, to the community youth choir, to high school Concert Choir, to church choir again after that. There never seemed to be a time I wasn't singing. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't profess to be some lead soloist or anything, there's just something so exhilarating about making music together.
  • I always said once I finished my A.R.C.T. in piano, I wanted to learn to play the fiddle and the guitar.  Well I'm there now, but I don't see a fiddle or a guitar in my near future!
  • I want to be a writer.  I have no idea of what, or what for, but I do love to write and hope that I will always have an opportunity to write.  I guess that's what's so great about blogging (when I have the time, anyway)!
  • I am fascinated with my family history, and that of Simcoe County.  I would love to devote more time to researching those things, just for the heck of it and the sheer knowledge of knowing everything I can about the place I was born and raised, and where my family came from.
  • I want to take my family to Grand Manan Island, N.B. to enjoy the beautiful place I was so blessed to spend many of my childhood summers.
  • I'd love to ski again.
  • I want to volunteer in my community.
  • I would love to experience a day at the spa, not that I'm much of a girly girl and the idea of going to a 'spa' totally intimidates me, but who wouldn't want a day to be pampered.
  • I want to learn about home and garden architecture and design, and maybe one day, design our own dream home.  Even if we never get to actually build it.
  • I want to actually have a green thumb and not just rely on my mother and grandmother's skills.
  • I would consider being a foster parent one day when our own children are grown.
  • I want to put my feet up, with the sole purpose of just reading a good book and enjoying the sunshine, with no interruptions.  Unless, someone wanted to deliver me a glass of icy lemonade!   

    2 comments:

    1. Ok this sounds so shallow compared to everything else you just listed... but I love the idea of a spa day!!! The other things are great of course. But as a mom you never really get to just do nothing except be pampered. Before I had kids (2 girls, 3 and 18mo), I loved to go and just clear my mind. Now not so much. I wish. I encourage you to go for it, it requires the least amount of energy for the greatest benefit to your mind and body. And it's only intimidating because you have never been. Once you get the courage to go, its like an automatic car wash... you get sucked in and the rails (spa attendants) guide you through every step of the way with only your comfort in mind! Plus you can kill 2 birds by bringing a book along, and a great spa will have an outdoor pool for your use, with a spa menu readily available! :)

      ReplyDelete