Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sleepy Sunday

I am the type of person that tends to be full of dreams and ideas, yet I lack the most important ingredient to make my plans happen - motivation.  Today I have so many ideas of what I'd like to get done and projects I'd like to tackle today, but all I really want to do, is curl up next to my sick little boy and sleep the day away.

Normally, at this time on a Sunday, we'd be zipping down the road, trying not to be late for church, but it seems in this household, we've been passing bugs around for the last couple of months, so unfortunately, we haven't been making it to church very often.  Thankfully, the Lord loves us and speaks to us wherever we are.  Even at home, in our jammies, hair awry, dirty dishes all over the place, laundry filling every nook and cranny of the house.  Our God is omnipresent, and that really is a beautiful thing!

In previous blogs, I've talked a bit about the depression and anxiety that I've been struggling with for much of my life.  It can be quite consuming at times, even though I'm taking meds to help me, and it can tend to be a road block for me when trying to get things done.  But, thankfully, I know I am in a place now where at least I can dream about things again.  Come up with ideas.  Get my creative juices flowing again.   Something I couldn't have even attempted this past winter.

As I dream today and attempt to tackle some projects that I've been neglecting for months, I'm going to hold fast to the verse we all know so well: "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13"  Sometimes, you've heard a scripture so many times in your life, that you really never stop to think about what it says and how it applies to you.  How awesome is that, that with God, all things are possible!  Why then should I keep trying to plug away at things on my own?  A hamster on a wheel that goes nowhere.  It sounds so simple, a basic Christian principal that I have known all my life, but something that we tend to shove in a drawer and bring out only when there's a crisis.  I want to live by that principle on a daily basis, in the big things and the little things that a human chalks up as insignificant.  NOTHING is insignificant in the eyes of God. The Bible tells us that He knows when a single sparrow falls. Insignificant to us, sure, but NOT TO GOD.

So today, all those little things, the obstacles, the tiredness, the lack of motivation, I'm giving them to God.  When it looks like there's no end in sight to the piles of laundry, the potty training messes, the stack of mail that remains unopened, the projects, I'll look to the Lord to get me to the other side of that mountain of laundry.  To see that project through. To remember, that we all end up potty trained eventually.

3 comments:

  1. Amen girl...amen! Keepin' the faith for all of these things right along with you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...I needed to read this today. My youngest had the stomach bug yesterday and I had his hot little body pressed against mine all day and couldn't get to church either. So here I sit catching up on everything I missed yesterday (or missing it again, whichever way you want to look at it since I'm on the computer!) and lacking motivation. I so needed to read this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete